Ask an Expert: View a Question

Ask an Expert is a free question-and-answer service about breast cancer and breast health that is available on weekends. If you'd like to ask a question or comment, please visit us again on Saturday or Sunday. In the meantime, please search the existing topics using the search tool at the top of the page. It's quite possible that one of our many existing topics already addresses your question.

If you would like a consultation with a breast specialist at the Johns Hopkins Avon Foundation Breast Center, call 443-997-8282. It is possible to get an appointment for a second opinion within a few days of contacting us.

We hope you find the information helpful!.

ForumQuestionsAsk a Question
Psychological Support
Questions about support for the mental aspects of breast cancer & treatement.
404 This functionality is disabled from time to time due to volume.

AskedPublicly Submitted Question
10/26/2015to suicide because of my frustration relating unemployment by excessive drugs. Now, i am an officer of govt owned bank in Bangladesh. I have some problem relating sound. Sometimes , i can not endure sound which seems nonrhythmic to me. I become scared when i hear sudden loud sound, especially, when i am trying to concentrate into something like wearing pant,wearing shoes,when leaving stairs,if i slip in the road. I become scared and my attention diverse which(attention) does not come back and i am starting to think something is wrong.Even when i attempt myself to be seated,if i hear some rhythmic sound, i become fearful and i can not feel myself soothed and relaxed rather tensed.
RepliedJHU's Breast Center Reply
10/27/2015Very sorry to hear of your troubles. you have posted this on a breast cancer website however and sounds like you need other types of specialists. go to and look at our mental health section. you will need someone locally to take care of you. please seek out a psychotherapist of psychiatrist this week.

Please note: This service is not intended to provide primary medical advice concerning specific medical care or treatment. Ask an Expert is a free service operated by health care professionals at the Johns Hopkins Avon Foundation Breast Center. Due to the volume of questions and their complexity, there are times when medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists or oncology nurses are consulted for their input. These individuals volunteer their time for this service and will respond as soon as they are able. Please do not post or send the same question to us in multiple locations or categories.

The contents of this portion of the website cannot be used as a substitute for a consultation with your doctor or other healthcare provider. It also may not represent the opinions of other Johns Hopkins professionals. It is a free service performed on volunteer time and intended to provide feedback to questions posted by consumers however should not be used as a directive or instructions to now follow. Seeing your own medical provider is always important in getting your needs and questions addressed. In the majority of cases, a clinical examination, review of pathology slides and xrays, along with other medical information is needed to truly provide a consultative service. If you wish to receive a formal consultation with our physicians please call 443-997-8282 for surgical appointments and 410-955-8964 for medical or radiation oncology appts. For breast imaging, call 410-955-4100.


© The Johns Hopkins University, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Johns Hopkins Health System, All rights reserved.