Ask an Expert: View a Question

Ask an Expert is a free question-and-answer service about breast cancer and breast health that is available on weekends. If you'd like to ask a question or comment, please visit us again on Saturday or Sunday. In the meantime, please search the existing topics using the search tool at the top of the page. It's quite possible that one of our many existing topics already addresses your question.

If you would like a consultation with a breast specialist at the Johns Hopkins Avon Foundation Breast Center, call 443-997-8282. It is possible to get an appointment for a second opinion within a few days of contacting us.

We hope you find the information helpful!.

ForumQuestionsAsk a Question
ADH - Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia
Questions about atypical ductal hyperplasia.
1,084 This functionality is disabled from time to time due to volume.

AskedPublicly Submitted Question
2/21/2017sorry to annoy you with my question seeking an alternative to a breast treatment center. You are the expert, but you seem annoyed with my questions . I understand you are trying to find customers with this service, but not everyone has the time or resources to travel to your facility. In the future you should make it clear that this forum is only open to those seeking treatment at your facility, all others " go elsewhere with your questions " . Again I apologize for bothering you.
RepliedJHU's Breast Center Reply
2/22/2017No one is bothering me by posting a question here. This is a free forum for posting questions and they are responded to by faculty using volunteer time. The purpose is not to drive business to Johns Hopkins. If that were the case then the categories for posting questions wouldn't be for literally every and any type of issues associated with breasts. Approximately 45% of questions posted actually are on breast imaging-- women trying to translate their mammogram or ultrasound reports. that doesn't drive people here, and shouldn't. they simply need help interpreting information that was not adequately explained to them where they got the imaging performed. BTW, I don't know what your question previously was because there is no way to link prior inquiries to new inquiries. I hope your breast issue is effectively resolved for you, whatever it may be.

Please note: This service is not intended to provide primary medical advice concerning specific medical care or treatment. Ask an Expert is a free service operated by health care professionals at the Johns Hopkins Avon Foundation Breast Center. Due to the volume of questions and their complexity, there are times when medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists or oncology nurses are consulted for their input. These individuals volunteer their time for this service and will respond as soon as they are able. Please do not post or send the same question to us in multiple locations or categories.

The contents of this portion of the website cannot be used as a substitute for a consultation with your doctor or other healthcare provider. It also may not represent the opinions of other Johns Hopkins professionals. It is a free service performed on volunteer time and intended to provide feedback to questions posted by consumers however should not be used as a directive or instructions to now follow. Seeing your own medical provider is always important in getting your needs and questions addressed. In the majority of cases, a clinical examination, review of pathology slides and xrays, along with other medical information is needed to truly provide a consultative service. If you wish to receive a formal consultation with our physicians please call 443-997-8282 for surgical appointments and 410-955-8964 for medical or radiation oncology appts. For breast imaging, call 410-955-4100.


© The Johns Hopkins University, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Johns Hopkins Health System, All rights reserved.